Saturday, 3 April 2010

Liberty of London

Sorry I have a been a bit MIA on my blog this week. My laptop charger decided to die earlier this week...and ironically, I could only get a replacement by "ordering online"! Ha!
And annoyingly, this week I have been drowning with inspiration on blog posts, so meh! Going to have to be a busy blogger and catch up with my gazillion posts!

So firstly, I thought I would show you all my goodies from the Give Me Liberty of London MAC collection. This launched in stores on Thursday and is online next Tuesday (or is it Thursday...) ? I don't quite know but I was lucky enough to receive these lippies on Monday from a little USA fairy. She sent them over for me along with an international swapsies we were doing. So I have had them for nearly a week and been dying to post about them...!


  From left ~  right 
Peachstock, Petals & Peacocks, Blooming Lovely, Ever Hip

As many of you are aware, I am a super lipstick junkie. They are the one product I get most excited about and when I saw the collection on Temptalia, I knew I had to just get all of them!


I think the packaging for this collection is just adorable. Some people I know aren't keen on it at all, but I think it is super cute.
Here are some ickle swatches for you...


Peachstock - A satin finish that is definitely more brown than peachy! Already available as a pro product. I am still a little bit undecided about this one. I love my nudes and peachy lippies, and thought this would follow suit...but it is a definite orangey/brown. Reminds me of Revlon's Nude Attitude which I detest. However, I am finding this more wearable and think with a nude lipgloss over the top like Florabundance, it looks really flattering.

Petals & Peacocks - Eeek, probably the one I was most excited about getting. It is a Amplified finish and is a gorgeous bright, vibrant fuschia, pinky purple. It instantly reminded me of Show Orchid by MAC. Even though Show Orchid has a richer, bluer undertone to it, they could be comparable. So I whipped out Show Orchid to show you of their similarities...


Ever Hip - Cremesheen finish, this lippie is a gorgeous peachy, muted-orange colour. Quite a nice subtle coral finish to the lips. Has a lovely, shiny smooth finish and is easily buildable. Me likey a lot :)

Blooming Lovely - Amplified finish, a lovely glossy, mauve lilac-type colour. Really pretty on the lips. Much more muted than snob, but looks super yummy with a bright gloss over the top. I never managed to get my hands on Lavender Whip from MAC, so I am overjoyed to have a lilacy lippie in my collection.

So pumpkins, that's my little Liberty of London Haul :)
What do you think of the collection? Have you purchased anything from it yet...or what have you got your eye on when it is released online?

23 comments:

audax at fidelis said...

Omg i am absolutely IN LOVE!with ever hip :) Lovely Post Girly X

audax at fidelis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think it is Tuesday that they go online, I can't wait!
I think I'm going to get all of them except Peachstock, I'm too pale to pull it off!

TKOmulatta said...

I didn't purchase any of these yet... they look really pretty though... i should probably look into it fast if I want one... I know ever hip is sold out online in the US.

Unknown said...

Great post! Love your swatches. xx

Hollywood said...

Loving this collection I got my Ever Hip in the mail box too such an amazing feeling =)

Εvi said...

Oh it's so, so exciting to see them all, side by side!!! I love this collection ;)

Lady Danger said...

I don't know WHY I didn't get Ever Hip! I think I was drawn in by Petals & Peacocks to not pay that much attention to it. Your swatches of it are lovely - I think I'm going to have to go back and get it! hehe x

Em ♥ said...

Love the blog missy! Ever Hip is beautiful xx

Claire said...

Their absoutly gorgeous petal! I can't wait to get mine later and play with them :) Yay!!! xoxo

Caitlin said...

I love your little heart swatches, they're so cute :) I went to the MAC counter a bit late for this collection and everything was sold out! xo

Hannah said...

I emailed mac and they said the collection would be online tuesday.

Jenn @ So Very Fabulous said...

LOVE this collection, I got all the lipsticks as well. They're all such gorgeous colours and the packaging is so cute! Enjoy them. :)

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Thank you so much doll for commenting!!You are so sweet!!!Love your blog and following!!:)

Anonymous said...

i want peachstock!!!
i love it ,luv them all -i shall not give in to temptation

When Annie Met Makeup said...

gorgeous post hun!! really wanna try ever hip... looks fantabulous! xx

Bekki said...

Those Lippies look gorgeous. Ever Hip is so pretty :) Lovley Post as usual girly.

Anonymous said...

Wow in love with the lippies! :) really want the nude one now x

Makeup Kitten said...

Goooorgeous colours!

And thanks for the swatches, hun :)

xx

SabraRose said...

I grabbed Ever Hip from MAC the other day and my god am I glad I did, it's my new fav lipstick! :)

Just discovered your blog, I'm really enjoying reading some of your past posts!

If anyone wants to check out the rest of my MAC haul it's here:
http://sabrarosebeautyandfashionblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/mac-haul.html

xxx

My New Favourite Thing said...

wow, you really know your lipsticks! Love the Liberty for Mac packaging - I'm just about to do a blog about fab makeup packaging! xx

Anonymous said...

I can't wait lol it all looks soooo gd!

Cherry said...

I love how you do you swatches heart shaped :)
I wish I could afford to try mac xx

Blogger Templates By pipdig