Another day in New York City and another sumptuous sunshine graced the skies as we primped and primed ourselves for the NYC Make Up Show.
Obligatory Starbucks in hand, we rocked downtown to the Metropolitan Pavillon where a gaggle of caffeine fuelled and preened girls loitered with intent.
We moseyed in and were overwhelmed with pigments, lotions and potions at every turn!
Our eyes lit up however when we saw Mecca...!
It was every woman for themselves in this intimate space, and it was makeup brushes at dawn if anyone, god forbidden, stole your kabuki!
Sophie and I loitered at Makeup Forever for quite a while, fondling the foundations and primers! But the queue was truly mahooosive. It was definitely the most popular area for sure...! It proved our lie in this morning was punishing us for it now!
The highlight of the day was definitely meeting up with YINKA, an absolutely gorgeously infectious UK beauty blogger who was spending some time in NYC!
This was my first make up type event, so I didn't have any preconceived conceptions of what to expect. I thought it was a fabulous set up, with so much to delight the eyes (ahem...naked males) and sooo many different and unheard of brands. My only downfall was, my lack of knowledge of all the brands that were featured there. In future, I would definitely do my research more so I could feel a little bit more knowledgeable! But I am so very appreciative to Sleek Make Up for allowing us the opportunity to attend such an event, and it was a fabulous experience for me! :)
NY Make Up Show done...we bunny hopped back onto the bus and headed further downtown for a little meander around Chinatown, Little Italy and SoHo.
I highly enjoyed fondling the fake bling!
Chinatown was a colourful maze of restaurants, stalls and delis. The fragrant smell of Chinese food wafted around us as we bartered for some sunnies and were barraged with offers of 'Chanel' bags, for a VERY good price...!
Next stop was a perusal round SoHo, and we felt like we had come home/gone to heaven when we stumbled upon this beaut!
Our choice of transportation today was the open top bus! Perfect on such a sparkly sunshine day! It is a fabulous concept...just hop on and hop off where ever you choose...! We made full use of this today to save our precious footsies from all that pavement pounding!


14 comments:
It was great seeing you too this afternoon! Yay you got to Chinatown? Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Fendi?? This way, this way!!! LMAO!
Enjoy tomorrow and have a safe flight home. If the you end up here another day, I'm dragging you to Harlem to see some pimps bitches!! LOL
you look great, looks like so much fun! love your sunnies babe xxx
i'm so jealous! your trip looks like so much fun :)
xo
Your trip looks so much fun :)) Me and my Sister are going to NY in a couple years and thinking of staying in Hotel Mela - what's it like?!
(and you really need to go to PinkBerry, so I can live the moment through you :D )
xxxx
Awwww I just got back from trip to NYC on Thursday. I am still jet lagged!! First day in work today booooo!!
It's totally amazing isn't it!
http://www.beautifullyaddictedto.blogspot.com
You look amazing and you have so much fun I see!!Enjoy your time doll!!!Hugs!
gosh you look like your having a blast!!!!!!! :)
I'm a very envious girlie, you both look like your having such a fabby time.
X
Looks like you had an amazing NYC adventure! Love that silk shirt!
look like you having a great time xxxx
http://thebeautybasket.blogspot.com/
Wow i am getting more and more jealous every day lol. Love you posts bringing back such lovely memories thank you xxx
http://tracymiaminpa.blogspot.com/
The whole trip has looked amazing hunny! i have been living the NY dream vicariously through u & sophie and ur lovely photos! hope u aren't too sad to be home! xx
OMG! So I met you ladies at The Makeup Show (I'm the one in your vid screaming "Congratulations!", lol) and I so wished we could have had more time to chit-chat. Looks like you had an amazing time in NYC!
I popped over to your blog b/c a reader left a comment telling me I was in your vid. Glad that did b/c now I've got you on my Google Reader.
Stay beautiful!!
B
ClumpsOfMascara.com
Those earrings are gorgeous!
http://misanthrope-janna.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment