I think every girl has that certain piece in their wardrobe that instantly makes them smile with girlish anticipation, and accentuates any outfit to perfection.
Whether it be that pair of shoes, a particular top or a certain pair of jeans...they are the piece you reach for, and rely on, knowing they will brighten up your day.
It is the item you hold dear to your heart, a piece you know will never go 'out of fashion' and will ceaselessly remain in your wardrobe for many moons to come...
You can mismatch it with numerous outfits, and it can give the dullest ensemble some radiance!
My dearest piece of the moment is my McQueen scarf.
It was a present from the boy from NYC last year, and I have so much love for this skulled-adorned silk beauty.
It is classic...it is timeless...it is unimposing yet unique enough to signature any outfit.
The scarf has endless ways to wear it, but this is personal fav!
But I sometimes prep it into a pretty bow on my bag, or tie is 'washer woman' stylie around my head.
Just depends what mood i'm in...but either way, these silk skulls make me smile.
(ha...clearly not smiling much in these photos...but I am smiling inside)
And that is the true beauty of a special piece of clothing or accessory.
(ha...clearly not smiling much in these photos...but I am smiling inside)
And that is the true beauty of a special piece of clothing or accessory.
What pieces of your wardrobe bring you joy??
32 comments:
Beautiful! I have 2 of these loverlies, and they are so classic and just make any outfit look better.
Lu xo
www.makeuploveer.blogspot.com
I so want one, i have been lusting for a while. Maybe with my new job.
I was pondering your question, im not sure what my favourite thing in my wardrobe is. I will have to think about it more, maybe do a post on it
Alex
http://alexslifeafter20.blogspot.com/
As soon as I saw the scarf (before I read the words) I said that's an Alexander Mcqueen scarf! I love him! And the scarf is so nice!
http://imahairoutkast.blogspot.com/
That scarf is so beautiful! I am very very jealous! Sounds like it's really versatile too!
Millie xxx
@allcamillawrote
ooo I really want that scarf. I have one of the rip off versions for miss selfridges for £12...*sigh*
One day i will have the real deal!
I dont really have a special piece of clothing :/
My special piece is my mulberry bayswater bag, it makes me smile lots and lots (: xx
my mcQueen is my favourite item in my entire wardrobe, too :)
you need to show us how you wear it in your hair, i've no idea how to make it look decent when I try, aha.
It suits you soo well!
x
Love it, it looks really nice on you : )
I have a similar scarf to this from Miss Selfridge hehe ever the fraudster me :)
cupcakescoffeandkisses.blogspot.com
your lucky, that scarf is lovely!
mine is definately my favourite ring, brightens up any outfit :)
http://beeebeauty.blogspot.com/
gorgeous!
ooo and where is your top from? LOVE. IT.
:) XXXXX
Love the scarf, I want it so bad!!
i absolutely love this scarf! i want one!!
i absolutely love this scarf! i want one!!
Love it. I have two skull scarves but they're not McQueen ones - Although I would love one. Scarves are so multi purpose, you can wear them all different ways around your neck, just draped, as a neckercheif etc. You can wear them in your hair or tie them to a bag to jazz it up. Love it :)
Also, I've just noticed your cute little mole - very Marilyn Monroe :)
xox
It will have to be some kind of necklace that brightens my day and mood.
XXX
http://mspurplemakeup.blogspot.com/
oooh its so gorgeous, i've wanted one for so long.
my favourite item that makes me joyful everytime is my Louis Vuitton Neverfull, i love her (L)
haha
cute post! XD
xxxx
unfortunately i don't really have a piece of clothing that makes me smile when i wear it. though i think if i had this scarf i would! :) i have jewellery that makes me smile because of how i received it or who it was from. i think i need to go on the hunt for clothes that have that effect on me too :)
lovely post hunni. mucho love xx
I so want that scarf. :( I got a beauty from RI the other day, velvet skulls and sheer material. Gorgeous.
X x
& you rock it so well. You look stunning with the scarf around your next mrs- look lovely in these photos
xxx
I heart my furry leopard print waist belt. Sounds trashy - but I LOVE it!
I adore my McQueen!!! Best scarf i own! I want a light grey one with either black or hot pink skulls on too!
Fab postie hun xxx
That scarf would definately make me smile!
My McQueen scarf, chloe bags orrr pandora bracelet probably! I have too many things that put a smile on my face :)!!
emilycharlottemclintock.blogspot.com
That scarf is super cute! xo
I love this scarf too. I wish I had one. Xxxx
Gorgeous scarf! I would love to wear one tied in my hair but it just looks stupid and I have NO idea how to do it! xx
Thank you all for commenting petals. Pleased to hear many of you too have that special piece that makes you smile.
@Aimslee - my top is from h&m :)
xx
Its a beaut scarf and now is a little piece of fashion history! RIP Alexander McQueen! One of my favourite things is my LA Dodgers hoodie which isn't very feminine or stylish at all it just brings back good memories :) x
Wow, I am 100% jealous of that scarf. You are one lucky lady!
It was lovely to see you at the Aussie party. You looked fab.
Lots of love Christina xox
I love McQueen, wished he stayed here longer xxo. f ashioncont a gious
oh dear, half my comment got lost-
you are super pretty, and I especially love the way that your lashes are made up here! what mascara did you use? def wanting to purchase it!
xxo. f ashioncont a gious
@Jehh - thank you for your comments. Here I had on Covergirl lashblast. Love this stuff x x
Post a Comment