As I draw to the end of my monthly challenge; trialling Aveda's Smooth Infusion range, so comes the time to reflect on my experiences and summarise my thoughts on these products. The 4-step smoothing system designs to help achieve smooth, straight, frizz-free hair, whilst leaving it chic and manageable for 12 hours.

To recap, the products I have been using are:
Smooth Infusion Shampoo - £14.50
Smooth Infusion Conditioner - £16.50
Style-Prep Smoother - £18
Glossing Straightener - £18.50
Well, I can safely say I have been left thoroughly smoothed, calmed, conditioned and highly enthused about these products. I did have high expectations from this high-end label, and from the visit to the Aveda Institute to my own experience at home, I have reaped much pleasure from this range.
Their pledge to help hair withstand everyday perils such as tube journeys, workouts and unpredictable climate, I have tested and been impressed with the results. There were some situations, such as my outdoor hockey games, where I did not expect the products to really be able to restrain the frizz. And I was right. Running around outside, in English wintery climate, frizzy, windswept hair is only to be expected. And to be honest, how my hair looks after a workout is my last concern. I was more focussed, when using this products, on how my hair felt after blowdrying and during a day of working and travelling. And I can honestly say I am bowled over how tamed and smooth my hair feels after blowdrying and straightening, and how equally calm and polished it felt at the end of the day, as it did at the start.
So will I be buying these products myself? Most definitely yes. I am going to buy the conditioner and style-prep smoother as soon as my current bottles feel a bit depleted. The shampoo is lovely, but I don't feel this is a must-have as much as the conditioner. And similarly, the glossing straightener is a gorgeous product, but I felt the style-prep smoother worked best on my hair and gave me wonderful results.
If you wished to look at this range, or anything else from Aveda, then you can visit their website.
Let me know if you are intrigued by this range, and if you would give it a whirl?
To recap, the products I have been using are:
Smooth Infusion Shampoo - £14.50
Smooth Infusion Conditioner - £16.50
Style-Prep Smoother - £18
Glossing Straightener - £18.50
Well, I can safely say I have been left thoroughly smoothed, calmed, conditioned and highly enthused about these products. I did have high expectations from this high-end label, and from the visit to the Aveda Institute to my own experience at home, I have reaped much pleasure from this range.
Their pledge to help hair withstand everyday perils such as tube journeys, workouts and unpredictable climate, I have tested and been impressed with the results. There were some situations, such as my outdoor hockey games, where I did not expect the products to really be able to restrain the frizz. And I was right. Running around outside, in English wintery climate, frizzy, windswept hair is only to be expected. And to be honest, how my hair looks after a workout is my last concern. I was more focussed, when using this products, on how my hair felt after blowdrying and during a day of working and travelling. And I can honestly say I am bowled over how tamed and smooth my hair feels after blowdrying and straightening, and how equally calm and polished it felt at the end of the day, as it did at the start.
So will I be buying these products myself? Most definitely yes. I am going to buy the conditioner and style-prep smoother as soon as my current bottles feel a bit depleted. The shampoo is lovely, but I don't feel this is a must-have as much as the conditioner. And similarly, the glossing straightener is a gorgeous product, but I felt the style-prep smoother worked best on my hair and gave me wonderful results.
If you wished to look at this range, or anything else from Aveda, then you can visit their website.
Let me know if you are intrigued by this range, and if you would give it a whirl?
(this post was sponsored by Aveda as a month long challenge to review their products)

8 comments:
I'm planning on getting the Style-Prep soon, so this review was really helpful :) I also love the photo of the bow on the brown paper bag x
Catherine x
www.beautyblogbycat.blogspot.com
I really love Aveda!
Ooh, might try that straightening balm stuff! Never tried anything from aveda actually, hmm!!
Would love you to check out my blog and let me know what you think?
http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/
xxx
Like the sound of the style prep smoother, just wish it was a little cheaper. I suppose you have to pay for quality though!! xx
helenelizabethwrites.blogspot.com
I wanted to let you know that i love your blog and that it stood out to me. I gave you a blog award on my blog site.
http://maude05.blogspot.com
I'd definitely give this a go, I've been using the Lee Stafford Climate Control so it'd be a great compare and contrast.
It'll be interesting to see how you get on with it with your Red hair? The fade etc.
xx
I really want to try this range, i have a majorr problem with frizzy hair!
Thanks for this review
x
www.talkingbeautyandfashion.blogspot.com
Post a Comment