192 posts later
countless words
countless words
umpteen dreams
1 blog
It is hard for me to fathom that this time last year, Pearls and Poodles was but a seedling of inspiration nestled deep within my imagination, eager to sprout into the blogging world. Yet, watered with words and nurtured with dedication, Pearls and Poodles has flourished into something I am immensely proud of, and has given me more pleasure, and reason for procrastination, than I ever thought imaginable.
I never wished to pigeon-hole my blog into a particular ilk. I used to read acclaimed beauty blogs offering in depth beauty reviews and information, which I knew I couldn't, and never wished to, emulate. Equally, I poured over fashion blogs with utmost esteem, but knew I could never feed my love for writing by fashion alone. Hence why Pearls and Poodles has become what it is today. A whimsical wonderland laced with the beautiful unnecessaries in life. I wanted to take any subject, however trivial and inconsequential, and charm it with words.
1 blog
It is hard for me to fathom that this time last year, Pearls and Poodles was but a seedling of inspiration nestled deep within my imagination, eager to sprout into the blogging world. Yet, watered with words and nurtured with dedication, Pearls and Poodles has flourished into something I am immensely proud of, and has given me more pleasure, and reason for procrastination, than I ever thought imaginable.
I never wished to pigeon-hole my blog into a particular ilk. I used to read acclaimed beauty blogs offering in depth beauty reviews and information, which I knew I couldn't, and never wished to, emulate. Equally, I poured over fashion blogs with utmost esteem, but knew I could never feed my love for writing by fashion alone. Hence why Pearls and Poodles has become what it is today. A whimsical wonderland laced with the beautiful unnecessaries in life. I wanted to take any subject, however trivial and inconsequential, and charm it with words.
I feel so much has happen over the past year, I would find it troublesome to recount it all. I am not ncessarily referring to the events I have attended, but moreover the people I have met (see my “the joys of blogging” page) and the experiences I have had. My trip to New York with Sophie would feature extremely highly on that list.
Many would ask if I expected so much enjoyment and development to come from one little space on the internet. Well quite frankly no. I don’t think you can begin writing a blog with expectations, as they would simply conflict with your true reasons for blogging. You just have to venture onto your journey with a head brimming with ideas and a passion for creating something personal and reflective of you.
So, this is really a little passage to thank you all for following and supporting my blog, and sharing this world with me; a place that would be rather echoey without you. I shall be holding a giveaway to mark a year gone by and to act as a celebratory gesture and a thank you to you all. So stay tuned for that.
So, this is really a little passage to thank you all for following and supporting my blog, and sharing this world with me; a place that would be rather echoey without you. I shall be holding a giveaway to mark a year gone by and to act as a celebratory gesture and a thank you to you all. So stay tuned for that.

39 comments:
Happy Blog Birthday, you should be proud of your amazing blog. :)
xo
Happy Blog Birthday.
Sadie x
http://brandnewbutterflywings.blogspot.com/
Happy blog birthday! :) xxx
Happy Blog Birthday lovely! Your blog is amazing! Xx
Eeeeek!!!!!
Happy Blog Birthday!
Milly, I have to say that this is one of my favourite blogs and you have inspired me to write my thoughts down too so I would like to say thank-you for that. You write absolutely beautifully. Good luck for the next year and I always really look forward to reading them (sometimes when I have had a bad day, your words really make me smile).
Thankyou
xxxx
congrats! Happy birthday.
Right now I'm at that stage. I love posting though, I find it better than roaming the internet.
You seem to have had a great experience! I hope you can continue to do so and that your blog expands even more.
Thank YOU for bothering with your blog. No body would visit your page if YOU didn't create it.
Happy blog birthday! :D
Happy Blogging Birthdayy :)
Click Here!
Happy Blog Birthday! x
Happy Blogging Birthday! x
Happy Blog birthday - your blog has keep me entertained for months and months - here's to another year! You should be so proud!!!!! xxx
Happy bloggy birthday! I'm fairly new to your blog but your posts are wonderful and always a delight to read.... thank you and keep up the good work! x
happy blog birthday :) your blog is beautiful and you have a wonderful way of writing X
ps that cake slice looks yummy :)
Happy Blog birthday! Hope you celebrate many more!
Happy Blog Birthday! :)
You should be proud, your blog is uh-mazing! xx
Happy Blog Birthday! :)
You should be proud, your blog is uh-mazing! xx
Happy Blog Birthday! :)
You should be proud, your blog is uh-mazing! xx
Happy Blog Birthday! :)
You should be proud, your blog is uh-mazing! xx
Happy Blog Birthday gorgeous xxx
Well done! It's turned into an amazing blog and I enjoy reading your amazing grammer and english, wish I could write like you :)
xx
Happy Blogging Birthday! I love reading your blog :) x
Happy Blogaversary! I love reading your blog <3 xxx
Happy blog-versary! :D
You totally deserve it all, you way with words is beautiful, your blog is beautiful and so are you!
Thank you for all your posts, and here's to so many more years to follow! <3
Happy blogaversary! *sends Tiffany's inspired cupcakes* I think I can honestly say I have read your blog right from the first few posts and have always adored your writing style. I enjoy both your reviews and outfits, and everything in between! 2010 was definitely a good year for blogging, I even got to meet the famous Milly behind Pearls and Poodles ;) /endcheesiness Thanks for all the lovely posts (: xx
Congrats on your blogging birthday!
I think your blog is probably my favourite of all, it's so enjoyable to read!
Here's to many more years xx
Happy blog birthday!! Your blog is one of my favourites and you should be really proud of it!
Zoe x
Please take a look at my blog and giveaway, here!
Happy blog birthday!
You've invented a beautiful, whimsical place and your followers all wish you the best.
Happy Blog Birthday!
i think your blog is amazing and i absolutely adore the way you write :)
xx
Happy 1st bday gorgeous!
I've been reading your blog for quite some time now and will continue to do so cause i love your little OoTDs, your honesty your little hauls and your gorgeous face :) xx
Happy Blog Birthday Milly! Love reading it :) xo
Happy Blog Birthday Milly! Love reading it :) xo
Happy 1 year, && many more to come!
cucpakesandcosmopolitans.blogspot.com
$armin<3
happy blog birthday hooray :D
www.missmathful.blogspot.com
A very very Happy Blog Bday... HIP HIP HORAYY xxx
Happy Blog Birthday! :)
I started reading your blog last summer and it inspired me to set my own up!! <3 xx
Happy Blog-aversay Milly! Your blog has always been a must read of mine. Not only do I love your writing style but also your amazing & honest reviews have always been so interesting & a joy to read! You deffo inspired little old moi to start me own a few a months ago :)
Love Aysh xoxo
Hey hun! Also just wanted to let you know that I've given you an award on my bloggy! :)
Love Aysh xoxo
Happy Bloggy Birthday lovely..
Look forward to reading another years worth of posts :) x
Happy bloggaversary! Its a joy reading your posts over the time i've been following you ^-^ I hope theres lots more to come.
Post a Comment