Tuesday, 2 August 2011

a splash of claret


Tee - H&M
Scarf - McQueen
Maxi skirt - H&M


I have recently been loving basics. And where else from than H&M. I have accumulated tonnes of tees over the last few weeks, in all colours and levels of slouchiness. I particularly love this one which has a little breast pocket, sadly concealed by my scarf, and a V-neckline. So simple to wear and lends itself well to be tucked into high waisted skirts and such. And the claret colour is a shade braver than I would usually choose but I really like it, even if it does clash with my hair somewhat...
x

34 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your scarf! And the colour of your t-shirt really compliments your skin tone xoxo
http://nennylou.blogspot.com/

Krissy ~ style san san said...

love your scarf!
Krissy xoxo

www.swallowmyfashion.blogspot.com

Ess-Jay24 said...

I'm slowly gathering these H&M tees too, they are perfect! Love the scarf :)
xx

The Style Box said...

Love that colour on you - it's fantastic! I have the same scarf too :) x

Jen said...

Love that colour! And sometimes it is just all about the basics :)

september sparkle said...

Lovely! Simple and elegant. I've been struggling to find good tops to go with my maxi skirt so gonna check out H&M. xo

www.septembersparkle.blogspot.com

Memoirs of a Wardrobe said...

Amazing nails. Love the bright green. Nail polish, or covers?

Memoirsofawardrobe.co.uk

K x

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it feels relieving to throw on something basic xx

Tamsin said...

Gorgeous! It's nice to relax sometimes :) x

Unknown said...

I love your scarf! One of my goals in life is to own a mcqeen scarf ;o) hehe

Hope your well.
Nats. xx
http://mybeautyboutique.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

so jealous of your scarf I keep wanting one more and more xx

Rock and Kohl said...

The McQueen scarf totally changes a basic outfit like that, it's a lovely look. I've been on the lookout for a t-shirt like that!

Andrea :)

http://beautybyandrea.blogspot.com

Mademoiselle Lala said...

There were few good basic t-shirts with pockets in Primark month or two ago. H&M is so good with basics too! :) X

http://www.mademoiselle-lala.com/

Jenna said...

I love buying basics, but sometimes I get a little carried away!

That’s So Fletch
xo, Jay

Anonymous said...

I love H&M basics! They've always got loads of nice colours, they're dead cheap, and pretty good quality as far as I'm concerned. That colour really suits you. Your nails look amazing too!

Amy said...

I love h&m at the moment too! I have basically bought all my holiday clothes from there xxx

courtzmelv said...

H & M are the best for basic tees! Scarf is great! xx

ashleighjoan said...

h&m have the best tees and tanks. cute scarf.

The Style Rawr said...

This gorgeous scarf compliments any basic! ;)

We're now following you! Please check us out ;)

T & J

www.thestylerawr.com

XoX

Daniela said...

the tee is lovely, I adore the colour! H&M bas basics rule!:) x

MissMathful said...

the red looks amazing on you :D

www.missmathful.blogspot.com

Xoxo ☺ said...

The scarf is fabulous. T-shirts and scrafs are a perfect pair! xo

Iloshka M. said...

You are looking sooo good!!! I like the scarf, it fits you ;)

Milly said...

thank you all for your comments.
My nail polish is from H&M, No Mambo Jambo, and I featured it a few posts before this one.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment x

Sophie said...

Love the scarf!!

http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

such a great outfit xxxxxscarf is great !hugsxx

Monica said...

Gorgeous scarf! I need an Alexander McQueen scarf. I love the red top paired with it.

M.

Lovelyladyjb said...

I love it. The scarf just makes this gorgeous! New follower :)

Rachel said...

Love the scarf!

Nicole Leanne said...

Alexander completes everything haha
great blog, following x

Katie said...

Love that scarf! xo

pearlslaceandruffles said...

I love the color of your nails! So pretty :) Great scarf too. xo

http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com

Emma said...

THAT SCARF! Oh man. x

EmilyGrace said...

LOVE the scarf!! :) x

Blogger Templates By pipdig