Saturday, 17 August 2013

My MAC Eyeshadow Quad

IMG_5111
mac pro quad eyeshadow palette
IMG_6314
IMG_6335
IMG_6425
IMG_6386
IMG_6454
wearing galaxy tee from ROMWE | YSL Rouge Volupte No.7 lipstick

Earlier this year I posted about my new MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette which was my first venture into the MAC eyeshadow arena, and was initially filled with a duo of beautiful shades - Cranberry and Mythology. Recently, when I was at the Covent Garden MAC Pro store launch, I picked up two more shadows to complete my quad and give me the perfect palette to highlight, contour and add a pop of colour, and transform my makeup look easily from daytime to party time!

My quad consists of Nylon which is an amazing pearly-white highlight shade which I like to place in the corner of my eyes and through my brow bone to brighten the whole look. Mulch is a warm medium brown with a velvet finish and is perfect placed all over the eyelid and blended into the crease. Over to top of that I like to layer Mythology, a rusty-copper colour with a high-shimmer finish that gives the eyes a gorgeous pinky-brown lustre. Cranberry, a shimmery burgundy hue, is probably my favourite shadow from my Pro palette and is a joy to use all over the lid or, as I have above, as a liner for the top and bottom lash line. A beautiful rich plum shade that will be getting a lot of love as we slowly edge into Autumn and begin to embrace those seasonal colours.

What shades are in your MAC eyeshadow palettes?

49 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this looks really pretty and perfect for when you want something subtle but different! :)

I love your top too! :)

Layla xx

www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

Sarah said...

Mythology is amazing, it's my faveourite MAC eyeshadow by far! It looks amazing teamed with all that glitters too :)
Thinking I need the other 3 out of this palette though, they are right up my street, all 3 look so pretty! xxx

http://xosarah-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

This looks really great, a day look that could easily and quickly be spiced up for the night with a winged liner I think.

R x

http://manoblog123.blogspot.co.uk/

good times tora said...

What lovely colours! Have always been a little scared of reddy shades around the eyes, but this looks really nice.

Tora || www.torabaker.co.uk

Unknown said...

gorgeous!!! i need those shadows! xx

http://thehannahway.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ooh gorgeous shades!

www.hello-freckles.com

Harriet Rachel said...

love this!!:) nylon is my favourite mac shadow! perfect inner corner highlight.
adore your blog
xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours, really suits you, really love reading your posts.

Sophie xx

www.girlheartsmakeup.com

Unknown said...

They look amazing together. I have to get cranberry and mythology for my next quad.

My first quad: Blu Button Box - MAC PALETTE

Unknown said...

I haven't got many MAC eyeshadows but I really want to build a neutral palette :)

Unknown said...

Such nice pinky shade! I'm always scared to use pink eyeshadows, i dont know why....

www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Lovely eyeshadow's and I love that top you have on!

Emma | masqueradebelle09.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Lovely combo...must go dig in my collection...

Anonymous said...

Love you top and eye shadow http://glancingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

Kelly said...

this is the perfect palette! i dont own any mac eyeshadows at the moment, but i definietly want some! i love the look of all that glitters too, its one that SO many bloggers love! i love cranberry on you!

kelly xxx
http://93sweetpea.blogspot.co.uk/

Annabel said...

I normally struggle with the MAC palette as I always end up only like one or two of shades and disliking the rest! This is their first one I love all the shades, perfect Autumn shades.

Belle x
Mascara & Maltesers

Rosie Roo said...

Soooooo I am in LOVE with mythology! What a great palette, just adding these to my wishlist now...

Rosie xo
rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

Lived With Love said...

I need all these colours! X

Unknown said...

all of these shades are beautiful! exactly what i would choose! love it!

mind checking out our blog? (: http://laurecca.blogspot.co.uk/

rosaliejayne said...

You've picked some really lovely eyeshadows, Cranberry looks gorgeous, I always think it's going to be too red but It looks quite subtle here which makes me think I need it aha.
Rosalie x
RosalieJayne

S said...

Omg that Cranberry shade... I'm in love! :D

Constanze said...

Beautiful quad, the shades are pretty! ♥
xx

Unknown said...

You've picked such beautiful colours, they really complement your eyes :)

Sophie
http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
xxx

Amber said...

I love the look of cranberry! I've yet to start a palette though I have plenty of shades on my wish list. Thanks for this post, I loved seeing your eyeshadows!
Amber
Lovely Notions

Jenn & Nicole (beautykissxo) said...

nylon looks like such a lovely, must-have shade!


XO Nicole @ beautykissxo

Afrin ♡ said...

Wow these are gorgeous shades! xx

~ VISUALCANDY INC ♥

Unknown said...

Lovely colours :)
Emgeorgias.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

These shadows look amazing! I love your blog
xoxo

www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

specialdork1122 said...

that is really nice! wow! i never thought of putting cranberry as a liner :) beautiful!

Nina Ngo said...

Really beautiful colours you've chosen! I really love the pigmentation of the shadows and also the look you created :)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I have just added cranberry to my collection - such a gorgeous colour. Next on the list is woodwinked.

Victoria
FlorenceandMary.com

Unknown said...

Wow this quad looks amazing! I now want every single shadow...xx
www.LaurasHaven.com

daffnee said...

i've never heard much about mythology but it looks gorgeous! Definitely checking it out next time! xx

Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

missmanzanna said...

This is soo pretty !!

MissManzanna.Blogspot

Sej said...

These shades look so pretty together. I've seen Cranberry in videos before and I thought it was much darker than it looks here.

You have great eyelashes!

Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say

x

Chrissabella said...

That looks great, lovely colors.

Chris x

www.chrissabella.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

The eye makeup is absolutely gorgeous! Makes me want to go out and fill a quad with the same colours!
Caitlin x
Lifes-glitters.blogspot.co.uk

Luxrose said...

I have been seeing this cranberry eyeshadow EVERYWHERE! I need to add it to my collection it looks so pretty!

http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

| Monnie loves black | said...

I love MAC eyeshadows but sometimes I also use Sleek, they are cheaper and comparable quality x
If you are interested in good beauty bargains please visit my blog :) x
beautybargains.blogspot.co.uk

Julie said...

I so need to get this! The colours are amazing! By the way, what mascara did you zse in your pictures? Your lashes look absolutly stunning!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours! They're so lovely and versatile.

Debra Bros

Verity said...

Such beautiful colours, love the cranberry colour! Look really nice with your skin colour
Verity xx
Life of Verity

Jess said...

i have mulch as well as love it as a crease colour. The cranberry colour suits you so well! xo

Your Daily Break

Amy said...

Lovely shades! I'm working on a MAC palette right now, trying to get some shades noted down to check out in-store! x
Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

Is This Real Life? said...

I adore that colour it looks great on you, its such a pretty shade! X

Unknown said...

I've just started a Christmas list. And this is at the top! So beautiful :) xx

Stacy said...

Great palette!!!
xo
Stacy

http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your makeup is amazing! And I love your hair!


http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

Laurie said...

Love this palette! Will you please let me know what color of lipstick/lip gloss you are wearing with these beautiful look? Thanks!

Blogger Templates By pipdig