Tuesday, 3 April 2012

clashing times

outfit
outfit
outfit
outfit
outfit
outfit

Shirt - Matalan
Collar necklace - H&M
Leggings - Topshop
Boots - Topshop
Lipstick - LOOK Beauty, Double Hit Lip in Pink Punch (featured here)

Words cannot express how surprised slash excited I was when I spotted this amazing shirt in Matalan the other week. I had gone in for homeware bits, specifically some new mugs and a vase, and left with two pieces of clothing and a pair of earrings. When did Matalan get so hip?! I love the bright fusion of florals and abstract patterns in this shirt, along with the contrasting black collar and central panel. It is just lush and thankfully long enough in the body to wear with leggings as well as tucked into a skirt or shorts. With a metallic flash of gold from my collar necklace and a slick of hot pink lipstick, I was good to go and head out for the final flurry of birthday celebrations with my wonderful work friends. I couldn't have asked for a more fun night and I know I shall definitely be returning to Matalan very soon for a closer look at their clothing range!

Have you found any gems from there recently?

42 comments:

totiebabie said...

I love that shirt, it has a sort of japanese feel about it ... only with flowers! xx

totiebabie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savannah said...

I love that top! You look gorgeous, as always!
xxx

Pamela said...

If I saw this top in a shop I'd probably think it was hideous. It looks amazing on you though, I really love it. Your hair looks great also.

xoxo

natasha @ eyebrows inc said...

i love the look! the shirt is so daring, and i adore the shoes! and i think the necklace compliments the shirt beautifully <3
http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

that shirt is really cute. i just luv it !!

http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

This shirt is blooming lovely! I love how you made it look a little 'rocky' with the leggings and necklace!x

Lulu Marie said...

I wasn't keen on this print when it first come out but now I have to say I am loving it! xx

Menachérie said...

Really unique!

I'm hosting a giveaway for some great accessories if you're interested:

http://www.menacherieblog.com/

VIPXO said...

O_o Milly you look incredible!!!!!!

Rachael said...

wow, I love this whole outfit! That shirt is amaaazing! xx

Beth said...

I had this shirt but as much as I loved it, I took it back. I kinda wish I'd kept it now. It just wasn't me. You look amazing! Love your hair and make up xxx

Marmalade said...

love love love this. that shirt looks amazing and so good with the leather pants. awesome look

Mel
www.mediamarmalade.com

Jess Heath MUFX said...

I've never been the biggest fan of these style of prints but I must say you look amazing!! You carry it off impeccably and I'm loving your hair!
Gorgeous girly.

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

Go Matalan! Its gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

LillianZahra said...

Love the shirt! Can't believe its Matalan! x

Amy McMillan said...

The shirt is gorgeous. You look lovely :) I'm in need of that collar necklace too! X

Anonymous said...

the outfit is gorgeous x

http://shayleens-fashion.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Matalan really do pull it out the bag at times, I got a gorgeous horse print peter pan collar dress last year.
Shirt is gorgeous, and I love it with the necklace.
xx

underthewillowtrees said...

Just gorgeous! This looks great with your lipstick and messy bun xx

Chelseyxlou said...

I love this style of shirt, there seems to be a few around at the moment. I know Next sell some very similar ones.
I recently went to matalan and was impressed too, they had a few different shirts in vibrant colours and prints which I loved. xo

Courtney said...

I'm sure if I spyed that shirt on a hanger I'd fail to realise its potential. Kudos to you for making it look so wearable and lovely.

Courtney
Such A Beautiful Sight

Thedreamsofanizzyinabigwildworld:) said...

Ahhh I have seen this shirt on a couple of other blogs, seems popular and I love the way you've styled it with the necklace and the bright lips, looking fab :) xx

Unknown said...

This really suits you. Then again you could probably make a bin bag look amazing lol x

Lea said...

Love the collar necklace, I've been after one for a while but can never find the one that's quite right for me.

Lea x

http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

sleepandwater said...

That shirt is simply amazing. Love how you paired it with the gold collar necklace - so striking and luxe!

Unknown said...

You love gorgeous! I adore your shirt!!

blushfulbeauty.blogspot.com

Smaz said...

My jaw dropped when I saw that your shirt was from Matalan- it's amazing! Great find!

smazsays.blogspot.co.uk

Sarah

xx

Megan said...

Can't believe that's from Matalan! So elegant and gorgeous.

X

http://thatbeautifulspace.blogspot.co.uk/

Hannah said...

I love your shirt! The print really suits you too. I also really like your hair, is there any chance you'd be able to do a post to show how you done it like that? xx
http://asubtledifference.blogspot.co.uk/

Char! said...

that is one quirky shirt x

Martyna R. said...

love the outfit :)

www.themartynar.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Stunning! Love that necklace!

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

ooo i love it!!! the lipstick adds such a nice touch!

xx Kelly

Sophie said...

Wow look at all those pretty colours!
Sophie
x

Unknown said...

I ummed and ahhhed about getting this shirt at the weekend when I was in Matalan (mega love!!) but decided against it.. I'm thinking I might go back and get it.
It always helps to see it on someone else and steal some ideas :)

LottieBot xx

Claire said...

Wow! That is good for Matalan! These prints/colours are big news for this season and you really pull it off well hun-love it on you :) xx

Diana said...

I can hardly believe this is Matalan - it looks so high end / designer.

Kim said...

Aw I have this shirt :) it's so good isn't it!

Matalan have some really good things in atm. I never normally shop there.

Love your hair up like this :) so pretty! You literally always have the best hair! x

bring your lipstick said...

Just amaziiiiing *_*
outfit, hair, lipstick... WAW!!!

Unknown said...

Seriously? MATALAN!!!
I die! Was NOT expecting that whatsoever! J'adore

BLEURGH
www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com

Blogger Templates By pipdig