Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Accessorize lipstick in Obsessed

Accessorize Beauty Intense Colour Lipstick
Accessorize Beauty Intense Colour Lipstick
Accessorize Beauty Intense Colour Lipstick
Accessorize Beauty Intense Colour Lipstick

Accessorize Beauty Intense Colour Lipstick in Obsessed* - £4.95
available from Accessorize and Superdrug

The other day I showcased one of Accessorize’s new lipsticks in Passionate – a dark, intense burgundy taking your lips over to the dark side with a gothic nod to this AW12’s trend. Today we are flipping to the other side of the colour spectrum as I introduce you to Obsessed – a creamy nude with enough pinky-brown tones to make it wearable, not ghostly. Nude lipsticks can be a dangerous territory for many, and the battle to find a complimentary rather than corpse-like colour is always a tricky one. This lipstick has a slight warmth to it, making it quite a flattering nude and suits my skin tone well. I think if you were any darker though, it may be a little stark and less favourable. 

accessorize obsessed lipstick
accessorize obsessed lipstick

The consistency isn't really really smooth, but is nice enough and gives you a matte finish that lasts well. The scent of these lipsticks is very reminiscent of the sweet, vanilla fragrance more familiar with MAC lipsticks and Obsessed actually reminds me a little bit of Myth from the same brand. I've recently been wearing a pink-toned gloss over this lipstick to give it a little more oomph and make it the perfect accompaniment for smokey eyes and heavy brows. (neither of which I am sporting above!)

So nude lips, yay or nay?

49 comments:

Hola Bambi said...

That colour is the perfect shade of nude&pink! love it! x

Line said...

Definitely yay! I prefer this to passionate, but they both look nice.

www.picturenoergaard.blogspot.com

Line said...

Definitely yay! I prefer this to passionate, but they both look nice.

www.picturenoergaard.blogspot.com

Donna said...

A really lovely colour :) x

bluebutterfly80.blogspot.co.uk

Betsy Boat said...

I think the packaging is so lovely. I really want to like these products and the superdrug branch near me has just got a huge wall full in.. The other shade you showed reminded me so much of Topshops "Vamp" which is one of my favourite lipsticks of all time!

www.betsyboat.com

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! It really suits your complexion too :) xo

April said...

The packaging of this lipstick is so pretty, lovely colour too x

Vic Nesbitt said...

Love the packaging on Accessorize stuff ... The colour is lovely and it reminds me of Apple Blossom by Natural Collection =D x

dreamingofblossoms.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful nude shade for you, really suits your skintone + hair colour! Loving the warmth of it too, it has a pretty pink hue to it!
xx


xoxo Bree
The Urban Umbrella

http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

Beauty Fiend said...

This looks a lot like myth by Mac but not as heavy
Beauty Fiends Blog

Veronica said...

So pretty! :)

xx Veronica

http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

Em said...

beautiful shade, suits you and i love the packaging xx

Jen said...

very pretty :) i love the packaging too xx

jensbrightandbeautiful.blospot.com

sadieburnett said...

very pretty, love the colour! x

Amy said...

You suit a nude lip so much! Haven't tried any of the Accessorize makeup yet, but I like the look of them so far!

http://www.paintpotted.co.uk

CLewis said...

This is a really pretty colour - especially on you! The packaging is beautiful and would be nice to just have in your make-up bag let alone to wear haha!

www.somethingspecialtosay.blogspot.co.uk

Charlotte xox

Safira Says said...

What a beautiful colour! It might make me look a little washed out, but it looks beautiful in bullet form, and really suits you. I am tempted to try it out anyway.

Hayley Natasha said...

I know this is a bit random but have you ever watched the American series Dexter?
You really remind me of Rita. Google her... She's gorgeous.

Tattooed Tealady said...

This is a lovely shade. I think it'd be too pale on me though! xo

nikki said...

So pretty! Love that color!

happinessisblonde.com

Niki said...

this looks great on you! I LOVE THE PACKAGING!!!

Unknown said...

I love the nude lips :) Really like this lipstick! xx

Unknown said...

I am just so impressed by these lipsticks and who they are by!!

Unknown said...

Yay for nude lipsticks, just not for me, I guess. It looks pretty on other people, including this shade on you, but I'm not a fan of it on me. Something about the shade of my teeth changing and my cheeks appearing more pink suddenly :) changes my complexion, I think. I might give it another go, though. Specially now, when I have a bit of tan on after the summer, which makes my skin seem more glow-y

livingtherepurposefullife.blogspot.com/

Jule said...

Oh my gosh the packaging is so adorable! Does anyone know if the lipsticks are also available in Germany?

Unknown said...

This looks like it could be a pain to apply. Doesn't seem smooth like you mentioned. But a gorgeous nude nonetheless. Really impressed by Accesorize's makeup offerings. Thanks for bringing this to my attention xx

VIPXO said...

This colour is so perfect for you! It looks lovely! xo

http://www.vipxo.co.uk

Abby said...

Oo I love these lipsticks - the colour and packaging are gorgeous! Quite cheap too :) xx

http://beautyandablogger.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

This shade looks gorgeous with your skintone. It wouldnt suit me but I love the berry coloured one. Great post x

Jac said...

Looks lovely on you!

www.jacsbeautyspot.blogspot.co.uk

x

Unknown said...

This color is great. I wear nude lips when my eye makeup is in the center.

http://addict-schmiza.blogspot.hu/

Megan Morgan said...

That looks like such a nice colour, think i'm gonna have to find me this!xx

Elizabeth Daisy. said...

Loving both the packaging and the colour darling - gorgeous on you.

I'm hosting a Cheap Frills Jewellery giveaway if you want to enter lovely!

Eda ♥

Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

Follow me on twitter ♥

Unknown said...

nice lip colour and the packaging is so cute :) Hey, if you want, check out my blog
www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk, If you like it follow on GFC and Bloglovin, and I ALWAYS follow back xx – Vanessa Mae

Unknown said...

This looks so much like mac,s myth it's a gorg colour !


http://lavishlolasbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

renyce said...

This colour is actually perfect on you! :)

http://thefashionformat.blogspot.co.uk/
xox

Unknown said...

it gives you very kissable lips

Laura said...

Must try this the colour is amazing - love the packaging to! x

Unknown said...

The packaging is lovely, the colour is amazing i think i might go and pick it up x

Danielle Victoria said...

This colour looks amazing on your lips. I swear you can pull off any shade of lippie lol. I think this would be too pale for me :( xx

www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the packaging (bit of a sucker for abything that looks pretty!) but the quality of the lipstick doesn't look too on point! I love the cheaper brands when trying out a new colour, but I really think that with a colour like this which works for all ocassions and seasons, it's best to invest in a high quality, good pigment lipstick! Huge fan of the colour though, really suits your skin tone :)

www.fluffinboots@blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

AHHH i've been looking for a colour like this for forever! now i know exactly where to get it from :D Thanks!

http://totallyaddictedtoblush.blogspot.co.uk/

Second Hand Rose said...

This looks great, I love the colour! Sadly I don't think it would look good on me due to having very fair skin, I may try it sometime though! Thanks for the great review! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

Marijana said...

Lovely color...so cute :)

. said...

perfect shafde of nude! looks so beautiful on you :) x http://kirisdiary.blogspot.co.at/

Daisycakes said...

What incredible packaging! I am going to have to pick this up xxx


www.daisycakes-daisycakes.blogspot.co.uk

FatNfab said...

I love the case! To bad nude lips dont suit me at all :(

Abegail Redford said...

Nude lipstick doesn't suits me as well but it definitely helps me when hiding my lip lines and dryness of my lip.

pinkyliciousvita said...

cute packaging but would not suit my skin tone!
x

Blogger Templates By pipdig