Saturday, 14 September 2013

MAC Frankly Scarlet blush

IMG_6663
IMG_6624
IMG_8893
IMG_8925

MAC Frankly Scarlet Matte powder blush £18
available online

After watching numerous tutorial videos from Tanya Burr where she repeatedly whipped out this little beauty, it was only a matter of time until the taunts led to a purchase and I added it to my own blush collection. Frankly Scarlet is one of those shades that I would never have voluntarily picked up when perusing the shelves of MAC - unless it is pink, coral or peachy-toned, it will rarely get a cursory glance. However, having seen Tanya use this blusher and convince me that it is much scarier in the pan than it is on the skin, I decided to give it a whirl.

Frankly Scarlet is a bright rose-red matte blusher. It has a slight raspberry undertone to it and when applied very lightly on the cheeks, gives you a natural rosy flush with a subtle satin finish. Softly softly does it though with this blush as there is a fine line between rosy cheeks and clown cheeks - and the first time I used this blush, I fell victim to the latter! But with a light swirl, tap and sweep of this powder, it is a lovely bright colour for your cheeks and a refreshing change from all my corals and pinks!

Have you tried Frankly Scarlet blusher?

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this looks really nice and gives you a healthy glow but I find that with pinks you also look wonderful!

Loving the necklace and jumper!!! :)

Layla xx

www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

Unknown said...

oooh seriously make up envy right now!

Emma | masqueradebelle.co.uk

Unknown said...

Oh this looks fab, this is something I'd be super scared to try but not so much now after seeing it on you. Beauts.

Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

Pretty Gloss said...

Oh wow. Looked so scary dark in the pan but so beautifully soft on the skin.


Sarah
Pretty Gloss ♥ beauty, makeup & a bit of life..
bloglovin | twitter | pinterest | facebook

Unknown said...

This looks so daunting at first but it's stunning on you! I feel like it's probably best suited to those with a tan though so I might leave it alone for now xx

Renate said...

I'm with you on this one - I'd never pick it up - I guess I don't trust myself enough to have a light hand with such an intense blusher :D Better play it safe with some subtles. Takes a trained hand, I suppose and you've nailed it :)

Renate from http://thecuriousklutz.blogspot.dk

Unknown said...

I have this on my Wishlist :)
I don't hear much about it but you've perfected it :) xx

LISA // MISSLISA.CO.UK

Daisy said...

This shade really suits you!

IES Juan Antonio Pérez Mercader Bilingual Blog said...

Gorgeous! I need to invest in a MAC blusher :)

http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

check out my giveaway - win a MAC lipstick of your choice!

Lindsey said...

I have always wanted to buy this blush, but I am so scared! It's a pretty intense color. Alas maybe one day.


Lindsey| fairmaquillage.blogspot.com

Sej said...

It's such a pretty colour but entirely terrifying when you see it in the pan.

It's very easy to blend and build up if need be and I think it's quite a versatile shade.

Thank goodness for tutorials nowadays.

Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say

x

Eleanor said...

wow it looks amazing but also slightly scarily bright. I'm pretty sure i'd need a bit of practice with this blush to avoid bright red cheeks :P
http://sunnydayshappydays.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have thought about trying this colour blush either but I will definitely give it a swatch if I see it now - looks gorgeous!

Rachel from whatabeauty.co.uk x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow this is a colour I would never choose, I'm like you and stick to my corals and lighter colours etc. However seeing it on you makes me feel more comfortable in trying it out - defiantly one to apply very carefully!!

apinchofshaz.blogspot.co.uk
xo

Annabel said...

This is such a gorgeous shade, I wouldn't normally opt for something with this much colour, as it does look quite scary in the packaging. Love finish though, think I'll be having a look at this now!

Belle x
Mascara & Maltesers

Sanne said...

Ooooooh this shade is amazing! Never seen this one. Great review and it looks great on you. Thanks for sharing hun.

Sanne
Confessions of a blonde

The Secret Getaway said...

That shade looks beautiful, it screams autumn winter to me! Love it!

the-secret-getaway.blogspot.com

Talia James (The Skincare Saviour) said...

I think people get scared because this is is such a bright colour but when you apply it yes it can go clowny cheeks but if applied like you did it looks gorgeous on

www.andrewjamesblog.com

Hannah Heartss said...

Looks beautiful!

Hannah Heartss xxx

Sharina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharina said...

Wow it looks scary in pan but actually turns to a nice rosy glow on your skin - perfect!!
♥,
Shari

Blushing Rose said...

It looks lovely on you, you seem to suit everything! Really pretty blush :) xx

Curls & Swirls Beauty Blog

Sam said...

saw this earlier for the first time in a Lisa Eldridge video. Looks super scary but is a really pretty colour on the skin. Your quite tanned though, I might end up looking like a clown as I'm really pale.
Sam.xxx
http://inspirationfortheimagination.blogspot.co.uk/

alicekatex said...

Looks bright but then looks really nice on you :)
alicekatex ♥

Anonymous said...

This looks so pretty! I probably would have passed on this because it is so red, but it looks very natural.

katespitz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I need to swatch this big time!

Jo @ Beautylicious Love

Unknown said...

As pretty as it looks I know I would fall victim to getting too much on my blush almost every time!

xxx

www.erinjaine.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh I may just have to try this out! :) It looks wonderful
Peta x
http://www.pvbwebsite.com/petas-place.html

Fae said...

I have to agree, wouldn't have given this a second look! But it looks lovely on you so I might check this out next time I'm at a counter as I keep buying peachy coloured blushers x

Missmacbeauty said...

This color looks beautiful! Perfect for fall <3

xx- missmacbeauty.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Such a beautiful colour! Like you I'd have been scared off, no one wants obscenely red cheeks, but this looks gorgeous, especially for the winter months ahead! xxx

Emma said...

This one always looks so scary in the pan but so pretty on the cheeks!

xxx

Unknown said...

It really suits you, definitely keep it in your rotation!

Unknown said...

Hello Milly,

I love this blush so much, even the name is delicious!!

But I am really pale so I am afraid it can be too bright for me.. But I will definitly try it!!

Looks gorgeous on you

xx
Lexie

BYMILLIE said...

This looks so scary in the pan, but on it looks gorgeous! :) ♥

http://abeautyromancee.blogspot.co.uk/
http://abeautyromancee.blogspot.co.uk/

Emma Fox said...

Wow, this is such a great post, good job:)

www.foxtrotbravo.blogspot.com - All Things Foxy fashion blog

Emma x

TheMacaronAddict said...

I love this shade! I'd be too scared to over do it!

themacaronaddict.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Love the necklace you are wearing! I also love the shade of the blusher as it isn't as bright on as it looks in the pan

elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

missmanzanna said...

soo beautiful ! need to get this one !

MissManzanna.Blogspot

Blogger Templates By pipdig