Sunday, 20 April 2014

Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette

IMG_0264
IMG_0285
IMG_0293
IMG_0301
IMG_1027
IMG_1050
What on my lips? MAC Snapdragon lipstick!

Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette*, £37
available from Debenhams

When it comes to these cult eyeshadow palettes from Urban Decay I think I may have done it all the wrong way round. I bypassed the original palette, was a little bit tempted by the Naked 2 offering but didn't commit until the pretty Naked 3 palette was released. After purchasing the third release from this trilogy of neutral shadows and having used it almost every day since, I felt I needed to investigate its predecessors and Naked 2 was swiftly added to my collection.

The Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay offers a dozen pigment-rich eyeshadows ranging from taupes, beiges and golds to some dirtied-purples, greys and a strong black shade. It is an eclectic mix of neutrals with various finishes and intensities which certainly makes a neutral eyeshadow look anything but boring! The range of matte and sparkly shades means it is perfect for an understated day time look or a more shimmery, dramatic look for a night out on the town. My favourite shades for a quick everyday look lurk in the first half of the palette as you have everything you need to highlight and define with a mixture of high-shimmer and matte shadows with their trademark velvety texture and strong pigmentation I have grown to know and love from Urban Decay. For the above look I used  "Booty Call" all over my lids, in the corners of my eyes and along the brow bone to highlight and add a touch of luminosity. I then took "Chopper" and placed this in the inner half of my eyelid and then blended "Tease" into the outer half. I then finished with a touch of "Busted" in my crease and along my lower lash line. I love the versatility of the Naked 2 palette and it is perfect if you aren't such a fan of the rose-gold and warmer pink shades that the Naked 3 palette has to offer.

Which is your favourite Urban Decay Naked palette?

29 comments:

Zazie Bibi said...

Such a gorgeous palette! x

A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Unknown said...

Love this palette! xx

BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

Sophie said...

I own Naked 1 & 3, this one looks so lovely too! x

SophiesMakeupBlog

Karen said...

I've been wanting to buy this for a while. I'm going to have to give in on payday. It looks so worth it

www.monokroma.blogspot.co.uk

Anonymous said...

I love the Naked 2 palette and I use it every day. It's so beautiful and perfect for everyday and for going out :)

http://glassow.com

Unknown said...

I did a review on this also, I love it!

I'm having a giveaway on my blog, the winner gets to choose their own MAC lipstick shade!

Hannah xo | The Beauty Drawer

Unknown said...

I have Naked 1 and 3, and have been so tempted to buy Naked 2! I must refrain myself :)

http://gillianbarrie.blogspot.co.uk/

Luxrose said...

I have the original palette and I love it, I am very tempted to try Naked 3 !

http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

I've been tempted to buy the Naked2 palette for ages now! It's soo gorgeous!
xx Ann-Kathrin

www.annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk

The Working Mummy said...

Great colours
L x
Http://workingmumy.blohspot.com

Vicky said...

Definitely my favourite of the three! I use this every day :) xx

Unknown said...

I am desperate to get my hands on one of these! x

emilyh0ughton.blogspot.co.uk

lovedbyhollie said...

This is a really pretty look you created with the colours :)

I just LOVE the Urban Decay palettes and I use them pretty much on a daily basis! I would say that my Naked 1 palette is the most used :)x

www.lovedbyhollie.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

NAKED2 is my favourite palette out of all of them. I'm going to upload a prom look using that palette tonight/tomorrow.

RIKKI POYNTER
// RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

Jessicalaar said...

I still cannot believe I havent invested in these. They are amazing. You look beautiful aswell.

Jess x

www.jessicalaar.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I recently got this and I can't stop using it!! Such a beautiful palette!!

Laura

maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

Jemma Heathfield said...

It looks gorgeous! Lovely post :) xx

Unknown said...

That palette is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Urban Decay Naked palettes are my favorite! They have all the great shades I want. Plus, nice pigments and feel too! This is every girl's must have palette!

www.FashionContainer.com
xx, Malena

Ila The Cleanser Beauty Blog said...

ohhh I have just bought this palette and I love it! the pigmentation of the eyeshadows is fantastic and I think it's perfect to use in spring / summer with all the shimmery shades *_*

Ila x

http://cleanserblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Temporary:Secretary said...

I don't have any of the UD Naked palettes, but from what I can see from all the reviews out there is that the second one is my favourite. Think I'll treat myself soon!

Grace said...

I've been tempted to get this palette for a while now! It's just so beautiful!
Grace x

http://itsgracea.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

My favourite is number 3!

www.floralfidelity.co.uk

Unknown said...

I was debating between getting the Naked one and Naked two palette and ended up with the Naked one, I really like it, might end up getting the second one too though, they're really lovely eyeshadows. I write a blog too so if you have the time to
read it I would be really grateful
http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/
x

Amy Rebecca said...

I've been debating about buying this for months now but I think I need to complete my little Urban Decay Naked collection! That black shadow is my absolute favourite, it's so richly pigmented!

http://arkbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

I need this pallet, after seeing a few tutorials it seems like this pallet would be pretty universal :) I can't wait to get a little more creative with my eye make up this spring/summer x


http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk/

Blushing Biddies said...

I was really debating between the 3, but I ended up first going with #2! I love it, couldn't be happier :3

blushingbiddies.com

Claire said...

I still have the original and use it daily! I really want Naked 3 :) That's my next beauty purchase I think x

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love these eye shadows! They stay on all day (and night if you forget to wash)!

Blogger Templates By pipdig